The regatta will be held under the patronage of the President of Russia.
The slogan of the Regatta is "Maritime Brotherhood and Cooperation".
The 5-year program of the international training sailboats regattas, which are to be held in Russia in 2018-2022 in the Far East, the Black Sea and the Baltic Sea, was developed by the Russian Association of Training Sailing Boats, Sovcomflot PJSC and Sail Training International, approved by the Ministry of Transport.
The " SCF Far East Tall Ships Ragatta 2018" is held within the framework of the 5-year Regatta Program with the support of the Primorsky Krai Administration and the Administration of the city of Vladivostok, as well as the maritime community of the region.
The next regatta in the APR, according to the approved Regattas Program, will be held in 2020, then again every two or three years.
The Far Eastern Regatta of Training Sailboats will become a visiting card of Vladivostok, the Russian Primorye and the whole Asia-Pacific Region.
Program of the regatta
Yeosu, the Republic of Korea - from August 27 to September 1, 2018
Race No. 1 on the route - Yeosu - Vladivostok - from September 1 to September 9, 2018
Vladivostok (Russia) - from September 9 to September 14, 2018
including the following activities:
- Opening of the Sea Village Regatta - September 9, 2018
- Regatta for children and young people within the framework of the Training Sailboats Regatta - September 9-11, 2018;
- Day race of sailboats in Amur Bay - September 11, 2018;
- Ceremony of awarding winners and prizewinners of the Regatta - September 12 or 13, 2018
- Parade of Sails - September 14, 2018
NADEZHDA - Russia, class А
PALLADA - Russia, class А
BIMA SUCI - Indonesia (Navy), class А
KOREANA - Republic of Korea, class А
MIRAIE - Japan, class А
AMI - Japan, class B
Яхты классов C&D - около 40 вымпелов (Россия, Китай)
Two Japanese sailboats of Class A - KAIWO MARU and NIPPON MARU are also expected to participate. The military training sailboats POLANG (China) and LE QUY DON (Vietnam) are invited to participate.
Tasks of the Regatta:
- spiritual and physical development, international and patriotic education of young people, regardless of nationality, religion, gender and social conditions;
- formation of interest of the younger generation regarding maritime professions;
- strengthening of good-neighborly relations between the countries of the Asia-Pacific Region;
- development of active international and domestic tourism in Primorsky Krai.
Place of basing of sailboats in Vladivostok - Harbor station
- Entrance to the events of the Regatta on September 9-13 is free of charge
- Visiting of sailboats on September 9-13 (on schedule) is free of charge
- Trainees - anyone over 15 years of age can take part in the Regatta on board a sailboat
Organizing Committee of the Regatta
The Chairman of the Organizing Committee for the preparation and holding of international regattas for large training sailboats in Russia in 2018-2022 - Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation, M.Yu. Sokolov.
The Chairman of the Organizing Committee for the promotion and organization of the international regatta "SCF Far East Tall Ships Ragatta 2018" - Vice-Governor of the Primorsky Krai, A.V. Tarasenko.
Organizers of the Regatta
Sail Training International (UK) is a worldwide non-profit association of training sailboats, which has been holding international events in many regions of the world since 1956.
Association of training sailboats (Russia) - organizer of the "SCF Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta" in 2014 and 2016; organizer and operator of international regattas of training sailboats of the Program of Regattas in 2018-2022.
Sponsors of the Regatta
The title sponsor of Sovcomflot PJSC
Official partner of Transneft PJSC
Features of the Regatta (in the context of the event of the Program of Regattas in 2018-2022)
1. Uniqueness - it is the only complex marine and sailing competition (training sailboats) held in Russia in the year;
2. The only event in the Black Sea and in the Asia-Pacific region;
3. International event - up to 25 countries and more than 40 nationalities take part;
4. Mass event - free public attendance of ships and the Sea Village in the Regatta ports;
5. Socially significant event - visits of sailboats by schoolchildren and students, groups of socially protected citizens are organized; targeted thematic events are organized as well;
6. Youth event - the majority of crew members of ships are under 25 years of age;
7. Cultural and historical heritage - many large sailboats have naval museums, and thematic tours are held;
8. Open educational maritime event - anyone can learn the basics of the sea business as a trainee;
9. Profile maritime event - many participants of the Regatta, cadets of marine educational institutions, are future officers of the Russian fleet;
10. The traditional event - Regatta will become the sea business card of the Black Sea coast of Russia, the Asia-Pacific region and St. Petersburg.